Australian School of Petroleum
The University of Adelaide
Telephone: +61 8 8313 8000
Facsimile: +61 8 8313 8030
- Be practical, employable and qualified petroleum engineers that can successfully pursue careers in the oil and gas
production and services industries or other similar pursuits.
- Understand the fundamental principles of science and engineering behind the technology of petroleum engineering, in
order to keep their education from becoming outdated and to give them the capability of self-instruction.
- Serve society by encouraging the ideals of ethical behaviour, professionalism, and environmentally responsible use of
Graduates of the program should demonstrate
- The ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, physics, geology, economics, computing, and engineering to
solve petroleum engineering problems.
- The ability to formulate and solve petroleum engineering problems using modern techniques, tools and experimental
- The ability to apply the knowledge of modern valuation and decision-making methods to optimise the use of corporate and
- The ability to design processes or systems to solve petroleum engineering problems.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- The ability to work in teams and interact with colleagues and the public in an ethical, professional and safe manner.
- An appreciation of and an ability to continue to engage in lifelong learning.